MG AGE-2 Double Bullet


Along with the Normal I finally after weeks busted out the photos for the Double Bullet and while this kit is pretty much the same as the normal the extras left me feeling better about it.

The only real problems I had with this kit was that the replaceable fingers were an absolute pain to connect back to the hands with the beam rifles in hand. Also I had some trouble pulling off specific poses with the binders that I have seen other builders do. Finally after the mess of the Normal’s transformation I opted not to transform this for the photo shoot and frankly its Strider mode is so butt ugly I wasn’t missing it.

MG AGE-2 Normal


The HGAC Wing post had so many poses I felt that from now on every photo shoot should have the model in as many iconic and expressive poses that I could pull off. Because of that I kept delaying taking photos of this kit, but wanting to move on I finally sat down and got it done.

Posing for the most part was fine but the tight joints on this kit made transforming it extremely frustrating to the point that I actually had to take it apart and strip it to its inner frame just so I could do so. In the end I kinda was left feeling a little cold on this kit and wondered if the HG would have been a better choice.

The long and sad tale of my first SD


While putting off the final photo shoots of the AGE-2′s I have been working on a SD HI Nu Gundam, my first ever SD. I really disliked the look of the old SD’s back in the day but ever since the Wing ver.ka SD I have noticed how much better built they are, and once I saw the Hi Nu I thought since I own no other version of that kit that getting that one would be a good first try. Continue reading

May Haul

The sheer amount of Gunpla related purchases over the last few weeks made me realize I should do another haul post. First I picked up the RG Exia at Image Anime when I went for a trip through Manhattan on Mother’s Day. I have bought things from them before but never actually been there in person, so it was a pretty nice experience. Another great place I visited was Kinokuniya in order to pick up some Gunpla books, and while I did see some great finds I didn’t find exactly what I was looking for, for those I had to go to HLJ.

I have been wanting to make a big and bulky Hi Nu in the vain of the original artwork for a while now and was looking into the 2009 Char’s Counter Attack issue of Gundam Weapons. I also was interested in the brand new Gundam Scratch Building Manual 2 as the first manual was packed full of great tutorials. Both of those have no scans online and for the CCA book no info on it to the level where I didn’t know what builds it even showcased. Eventually I bit the bullet and the second the manual was in stock bought both. Funny enough this was a day before the Shizuoka Hobby Show where a MG Hi Nu ver. Ka was announced that looks exactly like I wanted so my motivation to scratch build one is gone.

The next two kits the Hi Nu SD Gundam and the RG Destiny were both “used” Amazon buys and for the most part everything was okay with them except for just one little problem. See one of the effect parts of the Hi Nu broke, but since it’s an easy fix on a pretty cheap kit I am not really that bothered by it.


Finally I was getting tired of all the off the runner breaks I have been getting these days and came to the realization that my nippers were dulling. So while I will still be using that nipper for runner removal I took the opportunity and bought a more expensive cutter for nub removal. While I couldn’t find the legendary Godhand nipper, going from a standard Xuron nipper to the sharp pointed Tamiya side cutters was like night and day. If you don’t have a super shard higher end nipper like this one or one from Mineshima I HIGHLY recommended picking one up. It cuts through nubs so smoothly you can’t even feel resistance when contracting the handle. It’s one of those tools where once you use one you wonder how you ever modeled without one.