RG Strike Freedom


It took a long time but I finally got everything needed to finish this kit. I don’t know why but even with all the problems I had from replacing parts to the gold paint I used the experience was enjoyable all through out. I did have some problems posing this kit without using a stand after the modifications I made to it but considering how back heavy it is I already expected as such.

I was already warming up to the Strike Freedom design after completely dismissing it years ago but this kit has made me consider getting the PG sometime in the future.


The curious case of Alclad primer


For the last few months I have been using Alclad black, gray, and white primers and for the most part they have been wonderful. They are pre-thinned, spray on smoothly, and have such a glossy finish that I have been using the black primer instead of normal black paint. The white primer is fine albeit completely inferior to Mr Base White and the gray is seemingly just like Mr Surfacer. The thing is with the HGAW Wing, the SD Hi Nu, and as your about to find out with the HG X Maoh things that remind me of the hell I went through with Plamo Color keep happening. Continue reading


WIP’s, Updates, and a word of warning


So I went back to the SD Hi Nu and tried to see what I could do with it. First I stripped the paint off the arms and the white parts of the fin funnels. Next I wanted to somehow negate the paint scratching that caused all these problems so I sanded the elbows and used magnets to connect the static fin funnels to the backpack. The magnets surprisingly worked wonderfully but the problem came with the articulated fin funnels. No matter what I did I just couldn’t get it to work without either buying more kits or basically scratch building them. Continue reading


Strike Freedom update


Gentai kits is restarting their replacement parts service but it is running into some problems here and there. At the moment getting the replacement for the broken wing has been significantly delayed but instead of just waiting for it to eventually arrive I decided to finish the rest of the kit. Continue reading


Modifying a Real Grade


One day while viewing modelers-g I saw an amazing RG Strike Freedom build. Considering that I am always on the look out for great Japanese gunpla blogs as well as I recently purchased my own RG Strike Freedom I found his blog to see his WIP. What I noticed as I looked through his past entries was that he modified the proportions of the real grade in order to achieve the look. It’s pretty rare to see RG frame modifications even among Japanese modelers because of how advanced they are as well as how fragile they tend to be. But he did so and considering I needed to do some proportion altering for a future RG build I thought this was a good opportunity to get my feet wet. Continue reading