I am really happy with how this all turned out and I think I really managed to live up to my original concept. With all the modifications it feels original and different but keeps enough of the GP03’s aspects to make it instantly recognizable.
This surprisingly became one of my most proud builds.
With all the major mods done what I focused on was small mods all through out the model. Things like vents for the chest, panel lining, metal screws and rivets, Kotobukiya and wave parts, and various pla applications. I also made sure to soak and clean each piece in order to avoid the problems that happened with the 00 Raiser. Continue reading
I managed to finish all of the major mods to the GP03 today after non stop filling and sanding, and wanted to post up some shots using the new camera. Even without any special lighting and on basically the semi auto settings the images come out much better than the ones before. Continue reading
It’s been a few weeks since my last post, for whatever reason I just kept putting off posting. During this time though a few things happened from a lot of work on my 2nd summer war contest entry to getting a new camera. I haven’t mentioned it on the site before but I am working on a 1/144 HGUC GP03. I bought the model during last years Black Friday and was planning to emulate NGT’s GP03 found here.
The original idea was that I would take my time with the build and slowly purchase metal after market parts to improve it as best as I can. But then this year’s Summer War Contest was announced and I had no models I wanted to use for the modified section, so I settled on the GP03. The problem comes from the fact that there is a deadline now attached to this “slow build” and that my last big build was my longest and almost my most expensive build. This has resulted in making me hesitate in purchasing extra after market parts as well as changing aspects of my original design. Continue reading