MG Sazabi ver Ka

header

After a year of shelving it I finally finished the Sazabi ver. Ka but ran into an unexpected situation, the candy coat deteriorated. Basically certain pieces had their red coat fade away only showing the silver underneath and on top of that all of the decals faded from white to pink (I assume because of the candy).

In order to deal with this I re-coated the worst pieces, bought new decals and reapplied the most prominent ones.

One nice aspect of all this is that the decals take less attention away from the metallic candy coat than they would have previously.

Share

HGBF Fenice Rinascita

header

The colors besides the shield are supposed to mimic the Fenice Rinascita Alba’s and as my other HG wing resembled the ver Ka scheme I wanted something that looked more like the TV ver scheme.

Out of the 3 HG’s this one was smooth sailing the whole time and the only problem I had was the frustrating way they designed the left hand to wrap around the shield handle.

Share

HGBF Crossbone Maoh

header

When I initially finished this model I ran into a couple of unforeseen problems that had me questioning if I should go back and fix them or just be satisfied with the results I got. Luckily because of all the work I put into proportions and last year’s track record with HG’s I went back and touched it up giving me a far better final kit.

The first problem was that the inner frame of the forearms fit very tightly in the armor so much so that even when snap fitting it I was difficult to put the pieces together. So after painting it when it was time to put the inner frame in the forearm armor the armor cracked. The other problem was that the purple strips through out the model were too dark and looked awkward.

Surprisingly fixing everything didn’t take long and with a little cementing, gluing, and some careful masking I came away with a far more impressive final result.

Share

HGUC Gouf Custom

header

For the most part things turned out pretty well for this model, the only real problem I had was that the right gripping hand became so tight with all of the coats of paint that taking it apart in order to handle the sword caused the pegs to break. I got it to still work but it just doesn’t have the strength to hold the sword without blue tack.

Share