Base coloring

The weather cleared up and I managed to prime and flat black coat the base. Once the black was dry I airbrushed some chrome over the mechanical areas. I then took some cheap acrylics hand painted a mixture of grey and yellow to the rock areas and dry brushed a light grey over it. The mechanical parts seemed a bit bare so decals were sporadically applied to it.

I have one of the Tamiya weathering sets but the colors don’t really suit this diorama so instead I shaved off bits of oil pastels. Covered the rocky areas with various coats of browns, and used a dark tone to highlight the shadows. Afterwards I added 2 more dry brush applications, since the pastel tones became pretty dark after top coating it. Still planning to do a bit more to it.

Share

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.