I couldn’t fix the Geara Doga’s mono eye, so I had to replace it but luckily it was fairly painless. For the lighting area I made a temporary setup that took up my entire work desk. It worked surprisingly well, so much so that I will probably use it for any other large builds in the future.
There wasn’t much left to do. All I did was clean up the wires and painted the areas I epoxied so that they blend in with the rest of the base. One problem I see to be having is tat the mono eye light for the green Geara Doga is malfunctioning, I can look into it but I am not sure if I can do anything about it. Besides that my last bit of frustration is how I am going to take pictures of this whole thing. The base itself is too big for my ordinary lightbox so I will have to come up with something special for this. Continue reading →
After a few days of inaction I got around to working on the second Geara Doga. Just like the other Geara Doga I had to paint it in a specific order and do some waiting in between colors. Continue reading →
Not a big update but wanted to get images of the Geara Doga and Jagd Doga finished and placed within the diorama up. For the most part this was smooth except for when I put the Jagd together the mono eye wouldn’t light up. I eventually had to take it apart to fix it but during this I noticed that inside of the chest I forgot to remove some masking. With that gone the beams lit up a bit more, so this blessing in disguise was just in the nick of time. Continue reading →
Still no decals (I am getting tired of this) so started working on the second Geara Doga now that I was done with the explosion. This green Geara Doga was to be situated in the far corner of the diorama but with the rearrangement of the Nu’s position I had to push the Geara Doga a bit farther to the corner. Further more I reevaluated the pose the model had, and changed it to a more dynamic one. Continue reading →