RG Freedom


With my second RG I felt comfortable with the grade enough to do an original color scheme. Like the other RG I built this one is also pretty fragile and I also managed to have some breakage problems but they were slight, unseen, and didn’t hamper the articulation. Everyone of the decals are waterslides this time except for the foil stickers.

The one issue I had with the whole build came about as I was taking my last few photos of the final action pose. As I put it into the full burst mode and separated the lower parts of the blue wings the Freedom’s right front one seemingly was too tight and some paint was scratched away. Never had that happen to me before since I let my lacquers cure but I guess that part was just much tighter than I realized. Fortunately none of the other 3 wings had that problem.




I’ve managed to finish the RG Freedom’s paint and panel lines and now all that’s left is for the decals from Samuel Decals to come in the mail. While waiting for the decals I decided to start my next build, the MG F91.

Everything started out great, I loved how original and solid the chest piece was and the head-piece while a little loose was still pretty nice. The problems came about when I started the arms. First of all these arms share the same inner frame as the MG Crossbone. Just like the Crossbone the elbows are split in two similarly to old NG models. I personally hate this, the joint is bad and always feels like it weakens the arm.


My dislike of the design aside I had an actual issue arise, unfortunately one of the shoulder fins broke. These very thin parts are made out of a brittle plastic so brittle in fact that the piece broke as I was removing it from the runner.


The F91 is one of the very first non polycap models and because of that the joints can be overly tight, the fin joint is one of those and if I tried to rebuild the fin the joint would be so bad that I either wouldn’t be able to manipulate it or it would quickly break again.

I really hope things start to pick back up again with the legs (even though I have heard some complain about them), cause I really have been looking forward to this model for a long time.


More Real Grades


After finishing the RG Aile Strike I immediately started my next build, the RG Freedom. I was never the biggest fan of the color scheme of the freedom so I opted to do an original scheme for the build. Since I am going with a design that has less color and the RG freedom isn’t really made to have as much shades of color like the RX78-2 or even the Strike I decided to give it a more prominent pre/post shade to make up for it.


This build as of now has been a bit of a mixed bag, I have had more RG related breaks and problems which makes me really worried about some future RG purchases. On the other hand I have grown to like the design of the Freedom Gundam itself more and more. My growing interest in the Freedom inspired me to watch/rewatch a few select episodes of SEED and Destiny that focus on the Freedom and the Strike Freedom and now I actually want a Strike Freedom as well.