RG GP01

header

The GP01 is a model with great surface detail but just doesn’t have enough color separation to take advantage of it. So I did a bit of extra masking and hand painting to the kit in order to bring out all the panels. Also besides the minor break I mentioned in the last post I ran into some pretty funky decals (3rd party waterslides) that gave me non stop headaches throughout the whole process, so much so that afterwards I gladly ripped up and threw away the leftovers.

Share

P-Backlog

PB034145a

Like most of the western Gunpla community I tend to dislike P-Bandai and only buy things from it I’m will to pay a premium for which usually doesn’t include entire kits, but this time I convinced myself to go and get the recently released MG Altron/Nataku Gundam. While it definitely wasn’t worth the amount I paid for it I finally was able to get a kit I have been waiting years for.

The RG GP01 on the other hand is the oldest kit in my backlog and considering it’s one of my favorite designs I felt it was more than due time to build it. Continue reading

Share

HG Val-Walo

header

I’m happy with the final outcome of the Val-Walo even though it was a test kit and I didn’t deal with the seamlines on it. I love the way the mini Gundams came out and while it had its problems the candy coat came out nice and metallic (It’s a bit hard to see in some of these photos but the red is much more metallic than it seems). This kit served it’s purpose of not only teaching me some important things about metallic candy coats but also being a relaxed build where I could take it easy before up coming bigger builds.

Share

Winter Rescue

Surprisingly this is probably my most successful diorama to date. It tells a story better than the previous ones and has a greater sense of verticality. I originally had more challenging elements to it like LEDs but that was going against the whole point of this build so I eventually dropped them.

 

Share

Relaxing diorama

After the God Gundam I was pretty exhausted, building the joints and the scratch built parts really burnt me out on modeling. I felt I needed to do a no stress no expectation build where I didn’t care about it being clean or even about seam lines. So I went to my old gundams and found the last model that was still salvageable and I still cared about, the MG GP01.

I was still low on supplies but since this was more free form I just used what ever colors were laying around and what glue I could get quickly. I did however specially order the fake snow. I do know of the baking soda technique but did some research that paints a bad picture for it in the long run.

By the way the gun is partially made from a HG wing zero gun and the core fighter is a MG gundam ZZ core fighter.

Share