Since doing the resin conversion I have only accepted a few smaller commissions one being a OOB Supernova Heavyarms Custom. This was my first time with a Super Nova kit (as well as their last kit before they rebranded themselves as Model Heart) and to my surprise this was by far the best quality third-party kit I have ever built. Everything fit really well and I had basically nothing to trim or modify for pieces to smoothly come together. Since this was a OOB and not a full paint job there was no snapfit so I can’t be 100 percent sure how the kit would have held up to a break down since some pieces went together fairly tight. The client wanted the frame and weapons to be shaded with smoke but besides that everything shown is what was included.
This was a very good first impression and definitely made me consider getting some of their future kits for myself.
I got the new photography setup going which allowed me to finally take the completed images of the Heavyarms and given the problems I had during this build the final experience I had with this kit was overwhelmingly positive. For one no mishaps happened with breaks or chipping. Posing was easy enough as it could hold poses better than the majority of my MG’s. I will admit like a few others I still dislike the concept of MG’s having fixed hands but when it comes to posing a kit it can’t be beat. Even the color scheme issues I had turned out great under the lights.
I was thinking I should try to post more smaller consistent updates rather than longer ones and since I am not ready to post final images of the Heavyarms as my lighting needs to be re setup here’s an extra WIP. Continue reading →
Similarly to last year I have plenty of plans for the year and expect a bunch of changes and shake ups within my life. Instead of anticipating this and trying to take a break like last year only to go right back to building soon after I am going to do the opposite and try to build all the builds I want ASAP before any possible life changes occur. That means a lot more builds at hopefully a quicker rate.
So with that in mind I decided my first build of the year after the Sinanju and the PG RX-78-2 would be a nice quick build and considering that I built and sanded half of the kit already over my summer vacation Heavyarms was the obvious choice, but right off the bat I had problems.
First of all the back skirt armor just snapped right off the runner as I was removing it, luckily it was a clean break so cement and putty was all that was needed to make it invisible after painting.