While the one pictured here isn’t the final look of this commission I personally felt that this was the best the kit looked.
As I continued on the EVO it became clear that the Build Strike main body was never going to show so some changes had to be made. Continue reading
I finished the Build Strike backpack while waiting for the main body to come in the mail so I started to work on another commission a third-party kit called the Hi Nu EVO. Continue reading
It’s that time of the year again and while I have been buying kits through out the year I couldn’t miss Black Friday. Just like last year there weren’t any stand out sales and I’m starting to think we will never see another like the legendary HLJ one 3 years ago (I wonder if it’s even financially sound to do it again).
This year I finally got my holy grail kits aka kits that I have been wanting Bandai to make for years all of which coincidentally have been made in the last year and a half (The X, Zero Proto, Nu and Hi Nu). When it comes to the HG’s I have always wanted a Gouf custom and the Build Fighter kits just seem to be getting better and better design wise so I picked them up.
Since the Nu and the Hi Nu are my favorite Gundam designs of all time I decided to invest in metal parts for both and since I was buying them from Samuel Decal I also picked up some decals including 1 from an upcoming commission. One other item I was lucky enough to stumble upon was a Badger Patriot that was selling for 50 dollars on an Amazon lighting deal.
One last thing was a slew of paints and supplies I got for mostly an upcoming commission and to resupply a bit of my paint reserves hit hard this year.
So I went back to the SD Hi Nu and tried to see what I could do with it. First I stripped the paint off the arms and the white parts of the fin funnels. Next I wanted to somehow negate the paint scratching that caused all these problems so I sanded the elbows and used magnets to connect the static fin funnels to the backpack. The magnets surprisingly worked wonderfully but the problem came with the articulated fin funnels. No matter what I did I just couldn’t get it to work without either buying more kits or basically scratch building them. Continue reading