Pretty smooth photo shoot with this guy except for the aggravating side skirt GN blade attachments, great design idea but can be a pain to open.
As I continue to clear my backlog I felt it was time to work on the 2 RG Exia’s I bought along with the P-Bandai parts to make the Exia Repair. Working on both kits at the same time allows me to speed through the second kit fully aware of all of its issues. Also because the repair is meant to be weathered sanding doesn’t have to be as methodical. Continue reading
After a year of shelving it I finally finished the Sazabi ver. Ka but ran into an unexpected situation, the candy coat deteriorated. Basically certain pieces had their red coat fade away only showing the silver underneath and on top of that all of the decals faded from white to pink (I assume because of the candy).
In order to deal with this I re-coated the worst pieces, bought new decals and reapplied the most prominent ones.
One nice aspect of all this is that the decals take less attention away from the metallic candy coat than they would have previously.
While I wait for the metal decals I began working on my next and possibly last commission the Wing Proto Zero. The Wing Zero and possibly another commission build afterwards might be it. My finances are much better than they were when I started accepting them and frankly even if they weren’t I have become too tired of doing them. Continue reading
When I started discussing the Strike Freedom commission with my client I asked whether he wanted normal or high shine for the inner frame, and as you can imagine he wanted high shine. The problem is that what I have noticed with Alclad is that the shinier it is the less durability it has. Continue reading