I couldn’t fix the Geara Doga’s mono eye, so I had to replace it but luckily it was fairly painless. For the lighting area I made a temporary setup that took up my entire work desk. It worked surprisingly well, so much so that I will probably use it for any other large builds in the future.
There wasn’t much left to do. All I did was clean up the wires and painted the areas I epoxied so that they blend in with the rest of the base. One problem I see to be having is tat the mono eye light for the green Geara Doga is malfunctioning, I can look into it but I am not sure if I can do anything about it. Besides that my last bit of frustration is how I am going to take pictures of this whole thing. The base itself is too big for my ordinary lightbox so I will have to come up with something special for this. Continue reading →
Having a small problem, I have to choose what to use for the main beam of the diorama. This beam will go from the Nu Gundam’s beam rifle through the chest of the Jagd Doga. I am using clear acrylic rods, the problem is which version to use. Continue reading →
It’s been a while but I have been spending that time painting, decaling, and weathering the Nu Gundam. After doing light battle damage with a dremel I primed and did a pre shade coat with black since I wanted the white to have a pretty strong shade as it helps with the weathered look. I went with alclad gunmetal for the inner frame but unfortunately it was extremely dark, so much so that it could be confused with the black. Continue reading →
A day after the last post I got a little package, it was the 2nd shipment of LEDs that I ordered. 100 blue, 50 white, and 20 pink, I have no idea what I am going to do with all these LEDs after this diorama is over. Now with the pink LEDs I compared them to the red ones and luckily they are much brighter. Continue reading →