Another commission finished.
Like always commissions = no posing.
My client wanted to see a WIP of the Sazabi so here is where I am at the moment with it. Continue reading
Currently I’m working on two more commissions one a kit I am already familiar with the MG Sazabi ver ka and a kit I never expected to ever see the Machine Caliber Striker. Continue reading
After a year of shelving it I finally finished the Sazabi ver. Ka but ran into an unexpected situation, the candy coat deteriorated. Basically certain pieces had their red coat fade away only showing the silver underneath and on top of that all of the decals faded from white to pink (I assume because of the candy).
In order to deal with this I re-coated the worst pieces, bought new decals and reapplied the most prominent ones.
One nice aspect of all this is that the decals take less attention away from the metallic candy coat than they would have previously.
I knew that I would be investing the next few months to commissions and wanted to make the eventual return to my Sazabi an enjoyable one so I decided to do some of the more tedious aspects of it prior to receiving the first commission model, the detailing and decaling. Continue reading